Ferme des Voltigeurs
Frozen whole grain turkey (5kg)
Weight: +/- 5 kg
*If you live in Quebec, we take special requests for a fresh turkey!
Farm: Ferme Avibross
Farm Details: In 2008, the Avibross farm took a natural turn and moved away from conventional farming techniques. To this day, this family business is a 100% natural turkey producer. She is convinced that animal welfare plays a vital role in our food chain and that is why their turkeys are free range, vegetable grain fed and raised without added hormones or antibiotics. This farm implements stress-free breeding and handling methods for poultry in order to offer healthy and quality products. In addition, all of their 100% natural turkey products are made entirely in Quebec.
OPERATION FOR THE $/KG
If the weight of your turkey varies, we will refund the difference upon receipt of your order.
Here are the farm's cooking tips:
- From grain
- 15 ml (2 tbsp.) salt
- 15 ml (2 tbsp.) pepper
- 1 or 2 onions, diced
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water or chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Season the turkey inside:
• 1 C. salt;
• 1 C. pepper;
• 1 or 2 chopped onions;
• 2 or 3 crushed garlic cloves (optional).
- Season the turkey on the outside:
• Brush turkey with butter;
• Add water or chicken broth to the bottom of the roasting pan;
• Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper on the breast;
• Cook the turkey; • Baste a few times during cooking.
- Cook the first hour at 400°F and then at 350°F for the rest of the cooking.
- Check for doneness.
TOTAL COOKING TIME BY WEIGHT *
|8 to 10 lb (3.6 to 4.5 kg)||3 1/4 to 3 1/2|
|10 to 12 lb (4.5 to 5.4 kg)||3 1/2 to 3 3/4|
|12 to 16 lb (5.4 to 7.3 kg)||3 3/4 to 4|
|16 to 20 lb (7.3 to 9 kg)||4 to 5|
* The internal temperature, taken with a cooking thermometer, must reach 82 ºC (180 ºF), if it is a whole turkey.
If you are deboning your turkey before serving, cook it with the breast facing the bottom of the roasting pan. This will allow the meat to be even more juicy.