For Thanksgiving, impress your guests with a delicious recipe for cranberry sauce turkey breasts.
Turkey breasts are an excellent source of lean protein and low in saturated fat. It's a healthy option to enjoy a guilt-free Thanksgiving feast! Plus, you won't need to spend hours in the kitchen. Turkey breasts cook quickly, which means more time to enjoy the company of your loved ones.
RecipePrep Time:: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 boneless grain-fed turkey breasts
- Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F
2. Prepare the cranberry sauce:
- In a saucepan over low heat, add the fresh cranberries, sprig of rosemary, sugar, water, and orange juice.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries begin to soften and the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Slightly increase the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce has the consistency of jam (this takes about 10 minutes).
- Remove the rosemary sprig and any leaves that may have come off during cooking.
- Crush the cranberry sauce until it's as smooth as possible, without large cranberry pieces. Set aside.
3. Prepare the turkey breast:
- Brush the turkey breast with olive oil.
- Season the turkey breast with sage, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the entire turkey breast, ensuring it's well covered.
4. Roast the turkey for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
5. When the turkey is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest under aluminum foil for about 5 minutes.
6. Serving the turkey:
- When serving the turkey, slice it into 3/4-inch slices, cutting against the grain.
- Serve with classic Thanksgiving side dishes (stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc.)