The crab season is here, and it's the perfect time to plan a crab party with friends! Our 10 lbs boxes are perfect for serving 10 people, but you can also freeze some sections if you expect fewer guests.
To get in the mood, here are three easy-to-cook crab recipes. Enjoy!
Recipe #1: Crab Spring Rolls
This recipe is worthy of the arrival of spring with its fresh herbs adding flavor and color! Ready in just 30 minutes, it's a guaranteed success.
- 8 rice paper rolls, 15 cm in diameter
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 150g crab meat
- 1 yellow grapefruit
- olive oil
- Peel and julienne the carrot, cucumber, and apple
- Chop the basil, mint, and coriander
- Mix the crab meat with the grapefruit juice, julienne, and chopped herbs
- Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil and let it drain in a colander
- Moisten the rice paper rolls, wait for them to soften, and add 1/8 of the crab mixture to each
- Roll the rolls, enclosing the filling. Serve.
Serve with a peanut sauce or any other dipping sauce of your choice!
Recipe #2: Stuffed Crab Avocado
Perfect for lunch or as an appetizer, these avocados will undoubtedly make you salivate with joy.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 350g crab meat
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon juice
- ground paprika
- salt & pepper
- Peel and finely chop the shallots
- In a bowl, mix the crumbled crab meat with the chopped shallots, Tabasco sauce, olive oil, and mayonnaise. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and mix well
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits
- Drizzle the halves with lemon juice to prevent them from darkening
- Add the crab mixture into the avocado halves
- Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve
For added crunch, serve with crackers!
Recipe #3: Mango and Crab Rougail
15 minutes is all it takes for this divine recipe that will transport you to the tropics!
- 2 green mangoes
- 120g crab meat
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 red chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nuoc-mâm)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into julienne
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Finely slice the shallot and the red chili peppers (reserve some for the sauce). Season everything with a pinch of salt and the sunflower oil
- To prepare the sauce: Grate some lime zest before juicing them. Add the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, and a pinch of salt to the juice. Finish with olive oil and the remaining chili peppers
- Place the crab meat on a plate and add the tomatoes and mangoes
- Season everything with the sauce and serve
Seafood and fish lover? Discover our other seafood products on our online store!