Our ham and cheese quiche recipe is simply delicious, quick to prepare, and perfect for lunches!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- ½ cup of diced red bell pepper
- 100g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 285g of thawed and drained frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cooked smoked ham, diced
- 1 pie crust (pie shell)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Place the oven rack in the center position. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until translucent and slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté until moisture is released, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained and chopped spinach and sauté to remove excess moisture, about 1 minute. Season the mixture with ½ teaspoon of salt. Add the coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and diced ham. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the pie crust. Transfer the spinach and ham mixture into the pie crust, spreading it evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, ½ teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. Use a fork to gently move some ingredients to help the custard settle. You may not use all of the custard mixture, depending on the depth of the dish. Sprinkle the surface with black pepper.
- Bake the quiche on a baking sheet in the center of the oven until the surface is lightly golden. The center should be set, and the edges slightly puffed, about 30 to 35 minutes. The temperature should be around 190 to 195°F (88 to 91°C) in the center and about 195 to 200°F (91 to 93°C) at the edges.
- Allow it to cool on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve or cool completely, cover, and refrigerate to serve the next day.