A simple and delicious recipe for chicken drumsticks with Butternut squash, red onions, rosemary, and walnuts - an autumn meal that will please the whole family!
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 small Butternut squash, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 red onions, sliced into thick slices
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper
- Season the chicken drumsticks with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, stir, and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Evenly spread the walnuts at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the Butternut squash cubes on top of the walnuts.
- Add the onion.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of dried rosemary, salt, and pepper, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks on top of the vegetables, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sweetener.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 25 minutes, then mix the vegetables and chicken, so that the walnuts remain at the bottom, and continue baking in the oven until the chicken is tender, for about 30-35 minutes.