Our easy and comforting chicken and gnocchi soup recipe:
- 4 Grain-Fed Quebec chicken breasts
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 carrots
- ½ onion
- 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 250g of gnocchi
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of parmesan
- Cook four thinly sliced chicken breasts in a saucepan with oil and your choice of seasoning, then shred them using forks or a food processor.
- Chop three stalks of celery, three carrots, and half a small sweet onion.
- Reuse the same saucepan used for cooking the chicken for the vegetables (this will add flavor to the soup). Add the celery, onion, carrots, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning to a large pot with 3 tablespoons of oil and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add 3 minced garlic cloves to the pot along with 4 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then add the cooked chicken, 8 oz of gnocchi, ¾ cup of heavy cream, and ½ cup of grated parmesan.
- When the gnocchi is done cooking, they should start floating to the surface of the soup (this takes about two minutes).
- Turn off the stove and stir in 3 handfuls of spinach.
- Serve your soup with parmesan and red pepper flakes (optional).
Enjoy your meal!